It is high time now that we should understand the importance of reducing carbon footprint & harmful emissions and start taking steps to save our planet from global warming. As per a new study, reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions can be helpful in preventing up to 3 million premature deaths yearly by the year 2100. Other statistics shows that aggressive reduction in these dangerous can help in preventing 300,000 to 700,000 premature deaths yearly by the year 2030, and two-thirds of which would be in China. By reaching 2050, if the reduction continuous, we would be able to prevent 800,000 to 1.8 million premature deaths annually.
How to reduce Carbon Footprint and greenhouse gas emissions
Almost all the sectors in the global economy, including hardware manufacturing, agriculture, transportation, power production, industries etc. are among the major contributors of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. Necessary measures to reduce this, avoid the worst effects of climate change and evolve away from fossil fuels is what we need to do right from today to save the environment.
We are all witnessing the climate change, and deep inside we know that it is not irreversible. There are several steps that we can take to save the planet from an ever-changing climate. Here are a few simple yet effective ways that can be helpful in reducing the carbon footprint –
- Follow the 5 R’s rule: that is refuse, reduce, reuse, rot, recycle – Reduce or Refuse that cannot be reused or recycled or Rot. Say no to single use plastics and opt for reusable. Reduce the things that you purchase and buy only when you really need it. Learn to reuse and recycle anything you can instead of throwing it away. In short, go on zero waste.
- Less Driving and more biking and walking – Vehicle emits the most hazardous air pollutants, contributing a lot to the green house gas emissions. Study shows that vehicles produce one-third of all U.S. air pollution and these toxins are very dangerous for human health. Choose riding a bike whenever you can as by doing so you are not only working out for yourself, but you are also contributing for a better tomorrow by helping the environment and thus reducing the carbon footprint.
- Save water in every way you can – Minimize the water usage in every possible way. Water is limited on earth and we cannot any more of this. Small acts like closing running taps when not in use, taking shorter showers, using reusable etc. can take you long way.
- Minimize Energy usage, choose sustainable and clean energy – Cut down the fossil fuel usage as much as you can to reduce the carbon footprint as when these fuels are burnt, they emit toxins that are responsible for speeding up climate change.
How is CTC Global Contributing is reducing the Carbon Footprints and Reducing Emissions.
Organizations now have started taking necessary steps to overcome the concerns about climate change and thus we see a lot of frequent changes in corporate and regulatory policies. CTC Global offers high-capacity, high-efficiency ACCC Conductors that can help you in achieving your organization’s emission reduction goals/ reducing carbon footprint cost-effectively.
Our ACCC Conductors are one of the most cost-effective means of reducing fuel consumption and associated emissions. At the same time, it is helpful in increasing grid capacity to support the deployment of more clean and sustainable renewable energy.
CTC Globals’ ACCC conductors Role in Achieve emission reduction goals:
- Using ACCC Conductors can reduce GHG emissions and fuel / operating costs for natural gas, oil and coal-fired generation units.
- Using ACCC Conductors can enable the efficient delivery of more electricity to assist growing fleets of electric cars and space heaters.
- Using ACCC Conductors can improve grid congestion thus allowing more access to lower cost and also the cleaner sources of energy.
- Using ACCC Conductors can be helpful in increasing the number of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) you receive for your renewable resources by delivering more power with subsequently reduced line losses.
- Using ACCC Conductors reduces GHG emissions at possibly lower costs when compared to other solutions such as scrubbers, carbon capture technologies and – surprisingly – even incandescent light bulb replacement.
Contact us today to find out more about how already installed ACCC® Conductors are saving up to 400 Metric tons of CO2 per Kilometer per Year*
Thank you for the informative article. You have listed some great ways for us to help the environment! I know use of ACCC conductors can reduce GHG emissions but I’m curious if CTC Global uses any best practices and/or technologies to reduce the carbon footprint of its manufacturing facility? Thank you for your time.
Thank you Hai. We are very energy conscious indeed. In addition to installing more efficient heating, cooling and lighting, we also tripled the capacity of our production machines which earned us credits from our local power company, SCE. Best regards for a happy, healthy and safe new year.
Thank you very much you have written such a nice and informative article. I also write about global climatic changes. I am a student of environmental chemistry.
Kindly spare some time to read my article and suggest improvements.